Consisting of pure tungsten (W) powder suspended in a matrix of copper (Cu), these alloys are readily machinable and known for good thermal and electrical conductivity, low thermal expansion, being non-magnetic, good performance under vacuum, and resistance to erosion from arcing. Thus, they are often used as electrical contacts, particularly in high voltage applications. Most sizes and shapes can be supplied with short lead times. We can also manufacture parts from these materials to your specifications.
Tungsten Copper Alloy Advantages
- High arc resistance combined with good electrical conductivity
- High thermal conductivity
- Low thermal expansion
Tungsten Copper Alloy Applications
- Electrodes for resistance welding
- Arc contacts and vacuum contacts in high/medium voltage breakers or vacuum interrupters
- Electrodes in electric spark erosion (EDM) cutting machines
- Heat sinks and heat spreaders for passive cooling of electronic devices
- Electronic packaging materials
- Radio base station components
- IGBT modules for hybrid-electric (HEV) and full-electric (EV) vehicles
Have Technical Questions?
We’re available to answer any questions regarding our products or services and provide quotes for custom projects. We look forward to hearing from you.
Download Our Tungsten Safety Data Sheet
Tungsten Copper Alloy Resources
Tungsten Copper Alloy Properties
|Composition||Density gr/cc||IACS %||Hardness HB Kgf/mm2||Bend Strength MPa|
Tungsten Copper Alloy Products
We’re Looking forward to hearing from you
Midwest Tungsten Service can cut or custom make any rod to your specifications. We also offer custom alloys. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about custom or out-of-stock sizes.
Fill out the form or email us at email@example.com