Consisting of pure tungsten (W) powder suspended in a matrix of copper (Cu), these alloys are known for good thermal and electrical conductivity, low thermal expansion, and resistance to erosion from arcing. Thus, they are often used as electrical contacts, particularly in high voltage applications. Most sizes and shapes can be supplied with short lead times. We can also manufacture parts from these materials to your specifications.
Give us a call with question or for a price quotation, toll-free 1-800-626-0226 or local 1-630-325-1001, or fill out our contact form.
- High arc resistance combined with good electrical conductivity
- High thermal conductivity
- Low thermal expansion
- Arc contacts and vacuum contacts in high/medium voltage breakers or vacuum interruptors
- Electrodes in electric spark erosion (EDM) cutting machines
- Heat sinks for passive cooling of electronic devices
- Electrodes for resistance welding
Copper Tungsten Alloy Chemical Composition & Properties Chart