Our tops are designed to spin for a long time. There can be a learning curve for some people due to the density of our tungsten tops. Your spinning abilities will improve over time; with practice you will get a fast, balanced, and long-lasting spin.
1. Find the smoothest, most level surface you can. Our best spins come on a polished and calibrated piece of marble in our inspection department.
2. Try spinning your top both clockwise and counter-clockwise with your dominant hand.
3. Adjust the starting rotation speed down from 100%.
4. Try spinning your top both clockwise and counter-clockwise with your non-dominant hand.
5. Release the top slightly above the spinning surface (not suggest with thin glass surfaces).
Instructions for application of sleeve
1. Place sleeve on top
2. Apply heat from heat gun until sleeve is secure
How Far to Pump Down
We are frequently asked what the best vacuum level is for metallizing. There are several factors that must be considered when choosing the proper vacuum level.
The diffusion pump is sometimes confusing to people because it has no moving parts. It operates quite differently than a gas displacement pump, such as a mechanical pump.
Maintaining Your Metallizer
Down time on a metallizing unit can be very costly in terms of repair and lost production.