Tantalum is often used in capacitors or other electronic devices and is often also used to alloy other metals. Its high corrosion resistance is useful in chemical reaction pipes and vessels such as vacuum furnaces and nuclear reactors, allowing corrosion-resistant properties at high temperatures while minimizing product contamination. Its high thermal conductivity is useful in equipment such as heat exchangers and distillation equipment.
We offer the following grades, to ASTM B708:
- R05200 unalloyed tantalum, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both,
- R05400, unalloyed tantalum, powder-metallurgy consolidation,
- R05255, tantalum alloy, 90 % tantalum, 10 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace of vacuum-arc melt, or both,
- R05252, tantalum alloy, 97.5 % tantalum, 2.5 % tungsten, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both, and
- R05240, tantalum alloy, 60 % tantalum, 40 % niobium, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt.
Midwest Tungsten stocks and can also provide custom sizes of ≥99.95% pure tantalum as well as 99.99% min pure tantalum in ingot, rod, bar, wire, tube, crucible, plate, target, sheet and foil form.
|Available Tantalum Sheet, Tantalum Strip, & Tantalum Foil (ASTM B708) Sizes:|
|Available Tantalum Tube (ASTM B521) Sizes:|
|Available Circular Tantalum Target Sizes:|
|.600″-16″||.120″ x 1.100″|
|Available Sheet/Plate Tantalum Target Sizes:|
|Available Tantalum Wire & Tantalum Rod (ASTM B365) Sizes:|
|.010″ – 4.75″||Per customer request|
MTS can also custom machine tantalum finished parts according to your specifications.
Have a question?
Feel free to send us a message, or give us a call, 1-800-626-0226 or 1-630-325-1001.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you!